I can’t believe it’s been a whole year. What a wonderful, exciting time it has been watching my first book make its little way in the world. I’m forever grateful to everyone who bought the book, checked it out from a library, recommended it, reviewed it, read it to a child. Thank you!
I recently put together this list of the book’s major accomplishments because I found I was starting to forget things and did not want that to happen! It’s so cool to see them all in one place, and hopefully there’s more to come!
- Winner of the Comstock Read Aloud Award
- Winner of the Reader’s Choice Book Award in Juvenile Literature from the Ohioana Library Association
- Winner of the Crystal Kite Award presented by the Pacific Northwest region of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI)
- Winner of two Illustration Merit Awards (for both the cover and the interior) from 3×3 International
- Finalist for the Ohioana Book Awards in Juvenile Literature
- Finalist for the Washington State Book Award (winner TBA in October)
- Indie bestseller at independent bookstores across the country
- Indie Next — Top 10 pick for Fall 2018
- Junior Library Guild pick
- Finalist for the Midwest region’s SCBWI Crystal Kite Award
- Finalist for the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Award
- Reviewed favorably in: The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, BookPage, School Library Journal, Publisher’s Weekly, Kirkus, Booklist, The Baltimore Sun, School Library Connection (starred review) and many, many blogs.
- Staff Pick and Pick of the Month at many bookstores (including Powell’s and Politics and Prose)
- Translated into seven languages (Portuguese, Chinese-Complex Characters, Chinese-Simplified Characters, German, Italian, Turkish, Korean)
And there are more books on the way! Stay tuned for sneak peeks at my two titles forthcoming in 2021!